The Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University enthusiastically supports women in business. We’re working hard to recruit more young women as students, to create more opportunities for our existing female students, and to help increase the number of women in traditionally underrepresented fields like information systems and supply chain management.
Collegiate Women in Business (CWIB)
CWIB is a student organization designed to inspire, empower, and develop women pursuing a career in business. Our goal is to build a sense of achievement and confidence that will carry with members into the future. The group is open to all female majors and minors in the Ivy College of Business.
Young Women in Business (YWIB)
What’s it like to be a business major? What’s it like to work in a particular industry? The Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University wants to help you find out.
The Young Women in Business Conference is designed especially for females in grades 9 through 12, their parents, teachers, and high school counselors. At this conference you can expect to:
- Explore majors in business
- Learn about career opportunities
- Meet and ask questions of business faculty members in each major
- Hear directly from professionals working a variety of business fields
- Interact with female business students from Iowa State about their experiences and what they hope to accomplish
YWIB – Leadership Camp
Young Women in Business – Leadership Camp is a new program offered by the Iowa State University Ivy College of Business for young women interested in exploring how their skills and interests translate to opportunities in business. During this one-week camp participants will:
- Explore opportunities in business through workshops taught by Ivy College of Business faculty
- Connect with a current student mentor and learn firsthand about life as a business student
- Build leadership and communication skills
- Make a positive impact on the local community by working on a real-world project for a non-profit organization
- Experience the Iowa State University campus and 4-H Center camp site during this overnight program