Business is Global
The best way to learn is through experience and the best time to have an international experience is now!
The Ivy College of Business International Programs Office is here to help you explore the world while taking courses that will count toward the completion of your business degree. We will help you select a study abroad program that fits your schedule, your budget, and your sense of adventure. We have partnered with excellent institutions around the world that offer business classes in English for your semester or summer abroad. Or, you can take an international study course and learn while you travel with your classmates and professor during a semester break.
One of the best ways to “Enjoy Your Adventure” here at Iowa State is to go have an adventure abroad! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your journey started.
Study Abroad for a Semester, Year,
Take classes (in English) for a semester, year, or summer term on the campus of one of our partner institutions. Start your search on ISUAbroad and make an appointment with our International Programs Coordinator to get the process started.
International study courses give you an option of earning ISU credit while learning abroad in the company of your classmates and an Ivy College of Business faculty member over a spring break or during the summer. Some of these faculty-led courses involve live case studies and all involve company visits with major international businesses. As an added bonus, Ivy College of Business students in good standing going on an Ivy College of Business faculty-led program automatically receive a scholarship!
Scholarships for Study Abroad
There are lots of ways to fund your adventure abroad! Your financial aid award stays with you while you are studying abroad and there are additional study abroad scholarships available, including the Ivy College of Business Study Abroad Scholarship. Start your search for other scholarships here and make an appointment with the Ivy College of Business International Programs Coordinator for more information.
“Studying abroad has been a dream experience. I have learned more about life in a few months through conversations with locals and observations while traveling than I have in my entire time as an undergraduate. Being overseas for a semester and taking classes at a different school has given me a well-rounded college experience and an upper-hand moving to the next stages of life because of the lessons I’ve learned in international business, personal finances, politics, different cultures, history, and art. Every student in the College of Business should take advantage of the opportunities available to study abroad – whether it’s for a week over spring break or for an entire year, it’s an experience worth pursuing.”
Featured Study Abroad Programs
These are semester-long or summer programs that have many courses available for Ivy College of Business students. Please be sure to contact the Ivy College of Business International Programs Office for details on each program and to work closely with your academic adviser to select courses.
Search by Country
- Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management – Brussels *Exchange Program
- Hong Kong
- Asian Exchange at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) *Exchange program
- Asian Exchange at Hong Kong City University *Exchange program
- Asian Exchange at Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) *Exchange program
- A Semester in Aix-en-Provence, France (with IAU College and CEA)
- Liberal Arts and Business
- must take one French language course
- A Semester (or Year) in Paris, France at ESSEC Business School *Exchange Program
- A Semester in Germany at Philipps-Universitat Marburg
- students are required to take one German language course
- University of Mannheim *Exchange program
- students cannot enroll in courses in the college of business, but can take business classes on the general elective list
- A Semester in Caceres
- Spanish courses only – great for Spanish double majors/minors
- A Semester in Caceres
- Lancaster University *Exchange program
- University of Exeter *Exchange program
Spring 2019 Faculty Led Programs
March 14 – 24, 2019
- MGMT 367: International Entrepreneurship
- Florence, Italy
- Study the essentials of operating an entrepreneurial firm in an international environment, and work on a case study of an Italian company.
- BUSAD 491D: International Finance, Banking, and Accounting
- Madrid and Barcelona, Spain
- Network with banking and financial organizations in Spain while immersing yourself in a different culture.
- SCM 491: International Supply Chain Management Live Case
- Shanghai and Beijing, China
- Gain field experience in global supply chains, and live case study with Target.
- MIS 491: Consulting and Enterprise Resource Planning
- Frankfurt and Walldorf, Germany
- Learn how consulting companies work with organizations to implement ERP systems. Visits with Accenture in Chicago and SAP world headquarters in Germany
Featured Faculty-Led Program
Learn about Enterprise Resource Systems in Germany!
- Take MIS 491x: Consulting and Enterprise Resource Planning
- Spring semester course with travel over spring break
- Connect with executives at Accenture in Chicago and SAP world headquarters in Walldorf, Germany
- Open to all students in the Ivy College of Business that will complete MIS 301 prior to Spring 2019.
- Visit the program page on ISUAbroad for more information
- Questions? Set up an appointment with the Ivy International Programs Coordinator in 1200 Gerdin or email email@example.com
Ivy College of Business students in good standing will automatically receive a $500 scholarship to assist with the program fee!
Name: Abby Fridgen
Major: Management Information Systems
Program/University: Lorenzo de Medici in Florence, Italy
Location: Florence, Italy
Name: Alex Kinnes
Program/University: Semester in Ireland: University College Cork
Location: Cork, Ireland
Name: Beverly Richardson
Major: Supply Chain Management
Program/University: Hong Kong Baptist University
Location: Hong Kong