Use the following registration checklist to make the process go more smoothly.
- Review the degree audit from your Access + account. The audit will show which requirements have been fulfilled and which remain to be completed.
- Determine which courses you still need to take.
- Determine if you have taken the prerequisites for your required courses.
- Select those courses that are prerequisites for other courses and take them first.
- Evaluate how many credits (courses) you can handle and still do well academically.
- Select those courses you want to request for next semester and write them on a separate sheet of paper. Be certain to include at least two alternate courses.
- Number of credits: 12 full-time/15-16 average
- Number of course preparations (i.e. number of days each course meets, labs, amount of preparation outside class)
- Variety (avoid taking all reading, writing, or analytical courses at one time)
- Check prerequisites in the current General Catalog and in the Schedule of Classes book
- Use the on-line Schedule of Classes to pick times that do not conflict.
- List your preferred time, the section, the number of credits and the seven-digit reference number for each course.
- If you are a Pre-Business student, schedule an appointment with your pre-business adviser to discuss your proposed registration.
- If you are a Business student in the professional program, contact your major adviser if you have questions about your schedule, prerequisites, or major.
The Undergraduate Programs Office has the following resources available to you for preparing your registration:
- Registration worksheets
- Four Year Plan 2014-15 (to help you plot out your courses until you graduate)