NEW for 2017-2018
Online Appointment Schedule
Beginning Monday, July 3, online appointment scheduling will no longer be accessed through CyAdvise. In order to schedule an appointment with your adviser, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Access+
- Click the Student tab
- Choose “ISU Appointments” in the left-side menu
- Follow the prompts (when asked for ‘location’, look for 1200 Gerdin in the drop-down) and schedule with your adviser
What We Do
The staff in the Business Undergraduate Programs Office provide assistance in many areas of academic student services:
- Provide new student orientation programming
- Academic advising and graduation planning
- Teaching orientation courses for all new business majors (BusAd 102 or 103)
- Resources for academic assistance and scholarships
- College of Business Honors program
- Study abroad experiences
- Recruitment of new students to College of Business
- Advising student groups including Business Ambassadors, Business Council, Business Learning Teams, Gerdin Citizenship Program, Global Business Club, Multicultural Business Network, etc.
Ready to take the next step with your adventure in business? Learn how pre-business students can apply for entry into the Business Professional Program.
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
10:00 – 11:50 a.m., Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
2:00 – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Appointments are typically scheduled for 20 minutes and can cover topics such as registration, academic standing, and curriculum.
If you have a quick question, you may meet with an academic adviser on a drop-in basis. Drop-in meetings are limited to 5-10 minutes. If you would like more time with an adviser, please schedule an individual appointment. For more information on drop-in advising availability, please stop by 1200 Gerdin or call 515-294-8300.
If you are currently a non-business student looking to change your major (or declare an additional major) within the College of Business, you will need to attend a Curriculum Change meeting with one of our academic advisers. To register for a Curriculum Change meeting, please stop by 1200 Gerdin or call 515-294-8300.