The databases and systems that we control are listed below. ISU Library also subscribes to other financial sources like Mergent (formerly Moody’s) Manuals and Morningstars.
The Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is our access portal to many of the databases. Those databases are listed below. You must request an access account from WRDS (http://wrds-web.wharton.upenn.edu) to transfer your access from another university or to set up your access. Those requests must go through WRDS first, and then will be approved by Rick Dark or Arnie Cowan. For access to the non-WRDS accessible databases, email Rick Dark at email@example.com.
Current Subscriptions with WRDS access
Includes Corporate & Legal Analytics
Includes Capital IQ products like Execucomp
Stocks & Mutual Funds
Software program to analyze stock returns & more
Thomson Reuters product: analyst forecasts etc.
Social ratings etc.
Links mutual fund ownership data to CRSP data
CDS trading (pricing) data etc. 1-yr subscription ending this month.
Institutional holdings of common stock (13f); Mutual fund holdings; DealScan (global syndicated bank loan market data).
Other Databases that are not WRDS accessible
AMS/American Hospital – Individual hospital billing financial information includes Medicare data.
Ancerno – Insider holding data
BoardEx (subscription expires 18 March 2014)
- North America Region
- Director Profiles, Director Networks, Board Networks all Layout 2008
- Board Summary 1999 – 2011, Compensation 1999 – 2011, Committee Detail 1999 – 2011, Organization Analysis 1999 – 2011 Layout 1878 SM&DE Profiles, SM&DE Networks Layout 2008, SM&DE Compensation, Committee Detail, Organization Summary Layout 1878.
- Mapping Tables BoardEx ID to Name
Barclays Capital Indices Preferred Service
- Bloomberg: We subscribe to 12 Bloomberg Terminals which allow access to all kinds of historic data on all types of financial market transactions along with current trades.
- Bloomberg terminals will be available for checkout from the Gerdin computer lab
Bloomberg – 12 terminals (2/3 for students). Also,Barclays Capital Indices Preferred Service for the Fixed Income Courses
ThomsonOne Banker – a Thomson Reuters product
Datastream Research – a Thomson Reuters product
- Thomson Reuters Datastream – time-series covering Economics, Bonds, Commodities, Derivatives, FX and more
Health Forum (Hospital Data) –restricted license
SDCPlatinum: New Issues and Merger Acquisitions
SDC Platinum keeps you on top of the market with the most thorough and accurate M&A and new issues data. League tables generated using SDC are used as the authoritative source in annual reports, marketing materials, and pitch books.
UNIDO Industrial Statistics
- SNL – Financial Institutions – publicly traded banks, thrifts, insurance companies, insurance brokers, specialty finance companies, investment companies, broker/dealers, and financial technology companies (also includes merger model, banking regulatory data and branch ownership updates, and statutory insurance data)