Applying to the Professional MBA in Des Moines
Iowa State University seeks professionally employed candidates who are ready for an intense, high-quality MBA experience. We are looking for students who will benefit from and contribute to a dynamic classroom setting. Demonstrated academic and career successes are important in the candidate selection process. We also carefully assess each candidate’s desire and motivation, career-focus and goals, and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, team-based learning environment.
- Online application
- GMAT or GRE test scores
- TOEFL or IELTS test scores (international students only)
- Resume (2 pages maximum, upload to the online application or submit to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Personal Essay Form (upload to the online application or submit to email@example.com)
- Two letters of recommendation (academic and work-related sources only)
Only complete applications will be reviewed. Once the application has been reviewed, selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Waiver of the standardized admissions test (GMAT or GRE) will be considered for Professional MBA applicants if the following conditions are met:
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.20; or
- An earned postgraduate degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution; or
- Satisfactory grades (B or higher) in at least two graduate business courses in an approved pre-MBA or graduate certificate program
- Five years or more of progressive, professional work experiences. (A postgraduate degree may substitute for the five-year experience minimum.)
You may request to waive the GMAT prior to officially applying to the Iowa State Professional MBA by submitting a Petition to Waive the GMAT Requirement.
Entry Into the Professional MBA
Students may apply to begin the Professional MBA program in the fall, spring, or summer semesters.