Expand Your Business Knowledge
The Iowa State full-time MBA is an intensive two-year program comprised of ten core courses (30 credits) and six electives (18 credits). The MBA provides a broad perspective in management education with opportunities for you to tailor the program to meet your academic and career goals. The core curriculum is delivered through a prescribed sequence of required core courses building a solid foundation for advanced study in business. Specializations are offered in accounting, business analytics, finance, information systems, marketing, and supply chain management.
Key features of the Iowa State full-time MBA:
- You will earn your MBA through a team-based, cohort approach to learning.
- You will receive comprehensive, personalized academic and career support services.
- You will learn in a dynamic classroom environment with classmates from around the world with diverse academic backgrounds and work experiences.
- You will be taught by nationally-recognized faculty engaged in leading edge research and committed to teaching excellence in the MBA program.
- You will have the opportunity to further develop your soft skills both inside and outside the MBA classroom.
- You will have the option to undertake an international study experience.
To learn more, contact us at 515-294-8118 or email@example.com.
Enhance Your Professional Skills
In the Iowa State MBA, you have numerous opportunities to further develop your professional skills, both inside and outside the classroom. You will progress through the ten core courses with a diverse team of classmates. You will work on many class projects as a team developing your collaboration, leadership, and communications skills. The case study method used throughout the MBA core curriculum will compel you to problem-solve by thinking both analytically and creatively. Two professional development courses, taken in your first year of study, include workshops and seminars, executive speakers, and company tours that will further enhance your job search, networking, and soft skills.
Professional skills can be learned, but practice improves them. The Iowa State MBA provides ample opportunities to apply what you are learning in the classroom and to exercise your professional skills. For example, you will take part with your MBA team in a case competition; the culminating event in the MBA core curriculum. Iowa State MBA teams also participate in several university-hosted MBA case competitions throughout the Midwest. In one of the professional development courses, MBA consulting teams undertake service learning projects with local non-profit organizations, thereby you are helping others and benefitting the community. You will be invited to join an active student organization, the MBA Association, where you are able to enhance your leadership abilities by holding officer positions or coordinating special projects.
The MBA Association offers numerous networking, social, community service, and professional growth opportunities for MBA students. You are encouraged to join this active graduate business student organization.