The Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business offers an executive MBA program (Ivy EMBA) — the first in the Midwest to focus on food, agriculture, and biosystems. This new program is perfect for up-and-coming executives working in the food, agriculture, and biosystems industries. Those who enroll will enjoy a flexible schedule while working towards career advancement and enhanced skills.
Classes will be taught by internationally-known faculty at the college, and will be under the leadership of Executive Director Sam DeMarie, associate professor of management.
Suku Radia, (’74 accounting), who recently retired as CEO of Bankers Trust, Iowa’s largest independently owned bank, serves as the Ivy EMBA executive-in-residence. He will be instrumental in planning and leading a high-quality speaker series available to those enrolled, and will also teach some of the classes.
- Courses will be offered in hybrid format, combining online and face-to-face interactions.
- Most of the face-to-face sessions will be offered every three weeks on Fridays and Saturdays in Ames or Des Moines.
- The program partners with the world-renowned College of Agriculture and Life Sciences to offer customized content for food, agriculture, and biosystems industries executives.
- The program fees will cover tuition, books, parking, study trips, and meals.
- Two study trips are included in the program.
- The first trip will be in September 2019 and will feature three working days in Washington DC. Students will have the opportunity to interact with legislators, regulators, policy makers, and lobbyists.
- The second, an international travel experience, will be at the end of the second year. Possible destinations include the Netherlands, Brazil, or China.
Return on investment
“There are many benefits of earning the Ivy EMBA, including potential career advancement and increased leadership skills, which provide an immediate impact. Companies also gain from having their employees complete the program,” said Raisbeck Endowed Dean David Spalding said. “Lessons learned in the program do transfer throughout an organization as the graduate works with various teams.
Are you ready to advance your career? We are now accepting applications for the August 2018 cohort. Apply to the Ivy EMBA today, or contact us if you have questions firstname.lastname@example.org.