MRED Admission Requirements
Admission to the Master of Real Estate Development Program is based on merit and is competitive. The applicant must meet the minimum requirements in the following areas.
• The applicant must have earned an acceptable bachelor’s degree form an accredited institution. An undergraduate degree in business or a design related field is helpful, but not required.
• Work experience: To be considered for admission, the applicant must have a minimum of two years of professional work experience; preference will be given to applicants with work experience in a real estate related field.
• Academic Transcripts: Applicants need to send their official academic transcripts from all institutions in which they have completed any undergraduate and graduate course work. The applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in both their undergraduate and graduate coursework.
• GMAT/GRE: The applicant is not required to submit a GMAT or GRE score.
• TOEFL: applicants whose first language is not English need to provide results of a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A low TOEFL score will severely reduce chances of acceptance.
• Three Letters of Recommendation: Applicants will submit three letters of reference from individuals who can comment on their academic potential and/or work experience.
• Statement of Purpose: The applicant will submit a formal statement of purpose for seeking the master degree; the statement should address the applicant’s qualifications, work experience, career aspirations, and interests. The statement should not exceed one typed page, single-spaced.
• Resume: a detailed resume is required to complete the application.
• Personal Interview: a campus or telephone interview is encouraged, but not required.