Title: Dean's Faculty Fellow in Finance / Director, Master of Finance Program / Associate Professor of Finance
Office: 3362 Gerdin Business Building
Phone number: (515) 294-2717
- PhD, Finance, University of Iowa, 2001
- MS, Economics, Iowa State University, 1995
- BS, Economics, Iowa State University, 1994
- Asset Pricing
- Mutual Funds
- Initial Public Offerings
- Seasoned Equity Offerings
- Reverse Mergers
- Private Equity
- Risk Management
- Travis Sapp (2016) "Efficient Estimation of Distributional Tail Shape and the Extremal Index with Applications to Risk Management ", Journal of Mathematical Finance, 6 (4):626-659.
- Yianni Floros and Travis Sapp (2012) "Why Do Firms Issue Private Equity Repeatedly? On the Motives and Information Content of Multiple PIPE Offerings", Journal of Banking and Finance, 36:3469-3481.
- Yianni Floros and Travis Sapp (2011) "Shell Games: On the Value of Shell Companies ", Journal of Corporate Finance, 17:850-867.
- Rick Carter, Rick Dark, Yianni Floros, and Travis Sapp (2011) "Characterizing the Risk of IPO Long-Run Returns: The Impact of Momentum, Liquidity, Skewness, and Investment ", Financial Management, 40:1067-1086.
- Travis Sapp (2011) "The 52-Week High, Momentum, and Predicting Mutual Fund Returns. ", Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 37:149-179.
- Rick Carter, Rick Dark, and Travis Sapp (2010) "Underwriter Reputation and IPO Issuer Alignment 1981-2005 ", Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance , 50:443-455.
- Travis Sapp (2009) "Estimating Continuous-Time Stochastic Volatility Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate: A Comparison of the Generalized Method of Moments and the Kalman Filter", Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting , 33:303-326.
- Travis Sapp and Sterling Yan (2008) "Security Concentration and Active Fund Management: Do Focused Funds Offer Superior Performance?", Financial Review, 43:27-49.
- Geoff Friesen and Travis Sapp (2007) "Mutual Fund Flows and Investor Returns: An Empirical Examination of Fund Investor Timing Ability", Journal of Banking and Finance , 31:2796-2816.
- Travis Sapp and Ashish Tiwari (2006) "Stock Return Momentum and Investor Fund Choice", Journal of Investment Management , 4 (3):73-85.
- Gary Koppenhaver and Travis Sapp (2005) "Money Funds or Markets? Valuing Intermediary Services ", Journal of Financial Services Research , 27:51-76.
- Travis Sapp and Ashish Tiwari (2004) "Does Stock Return Momentum Explain the Smart Money Effect? ", Journal of Finance , 59:2605-2622.
- Sterling Yan and Travis Sapp (2003) "The Nasdaq-Amex Merger, Nasdaq Reforms, and the Liquidity of Small Firms", Journal of Financial Research, 26:225-242.