- PhD, International Business and Marketing, Ohio State University, 1986
- MA, Business Administration, Ohio State University, 1986
- MS, Chemical Engineering, University of California at Davis, 1980
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology at Roorkee, 1979
- Marketing Strategies
- Cross-cultural Marketing
- International Marketing/Business
- Quality Perceptions
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Cross-Cultural Negotiations
- Contracts and Rural Livelihoods
"The effects of customer and competitor orientations on performance in global markets: a contingency analysis," Journal of International Business Studies, 38 (March 2007), 303 - 319.
"Choice of Non-Equity Modes: An Organizational Capability Perspective." Journal of International Business Studies, 33 (Second Quarter 2002): 223-242.
"Leadership Behavior and Organizational Commitment: A Comparative Study of American and Indian Salespersons." Journal of International Business Studies, 30 (Fourth Quarter-199): 727-744.
"The Effects of Extrinsic Product Cues on Consumers' Perceptions of Quality, Sacrifice, and Value." Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 28 (2-2000): 278-290.
"Are Firm-Specific Advantages Location-Specific Too?" Journal of International Business Studies, 28 (Fourth Quarter, 1997): 735-758.
"The Inhibiting Effects of Imagery on the Processing of Advertising Information." Journal of Consumer Research, 23 (June 1996): 81-88.
"Influence of Formalization on Role Stress, Organizational Commitment, and Work Alienation of Salespeople: A Cross-National Comparative Study." Journal of International Business Studies, 24 (Fourth Quarter 1993): 715-740.
"Choice of Foreign Market Entry Mode: Impact of Ownership, Location, and Internalization Factors," Journal of International Business Studies, 23 (First Quarter 1992): 1-27.