- PhD, Agricultural Economics, Purdue, 2006
- MS, Agricultural Economics, North Dakota State University, 1999
- BS, Agricultural Economics, North Dakota State University, 1996
- Supply Chain Network Design
- Domestic Transportation
- Food and Agriculture Supply Chains
- Biofuel and Biomass Supply Chains
- Hoque, M., G. Artz, D. Jarboe and B. J. Martens. (2015) "Producer Participation in Biomass Markets: Farm Factors, Market Factors, and Correlated Choices.", Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, 47 (3):317-344.
- Correll, D., Y. Suzuki, and B.J. Martens (2014) "Logistical supply chain design for bioeconomy application ", Biomass and Bioenergy, 66:60-69.
- Correll, Suzuki, Martens (2014) "Biorenewable Fuels at the Intersection of Product and Process Flexibility: A Novel Modeling Approach and Application", International Journal of Production Economics, 150:1-8.
- Martens, Schiebe, Bergey (2012) "Supply Chains in sub-Saharan Africa: A Model for Small-Scale Seed Enterpreneurs", Decision Sciences Journal, :737-759.
Martens, B.J., Schiebe, K.S., and P.K. Bergey. (2012). "Supply Chains in sub-Saharan Africa: A Model for Small-Scale Seed Entrepreneurs". Decision Sciences Journal, 43(4), 737-759.
Martens, B.J. and Grawe, S. (2011) Manly Terminal: A Global Transportation Hub in Rural Iowa, Published as a CSCMP Peer-reviewed Case.
Maitri, T., Martens, B. J., and Hurburgh, C. (2011) Data modeling to facilitate internal traceability at a grain elevator. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. 75(2), 327-336.
Martens, B. J., Crum, M. R., and Poist, R. F. (2011) Examining Antecedents to Supply Chain Security Effectiveness: An Explorative Study. Journal of Business Logistics, 32(2): 153-166.
Martens, B. J., Dooley, F., and Florax, R.J.G.M. (2010) A Spatial Analysis of the Effect of Entry by Supercenter and Warehouse Club Retailers on Grocery Sales, Journal of Food Distribution Research, 41(2), 39-57.
Martens, B. J. and Dooley, F. (2010) Food and Grocery Supply Chains: A Reappraisal of ECR Performance. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 40(7). 534-549.