- Include but are not limited to consulting services for small, medium or large companies, startup/entrepreneurial projects, university departments and non-profit organizations
- Dedicated student team of select graduate and undergraduate level students with specific skills to help solve business issues with market validation, market research, and product or market viability
- Projects ideally follow the semester timeframe but may be flexible based on company needs
- Consulting services are flat fee based ($5,000)
- Non-profit organizations may apply for a limited number of $1,500 grants to offset project costs
Live Classroom Cases
- Projects performed as part of a semester discipline-specific business course (marketing, supply chain, finance, business process management, or information technology)
- Multiple student teams work on same business challenge in the classroom
- Company representatives spend time in the classroom or on site providing information, instruction, and project leadership
- Projects (kickoff and deliverables) must follow the semester timeline (fall and spring)
MBA Service Learning Projects (spring only)
- Non-profit organizations interested in working with a team of 1st Year MBA students during the spring semester may submit a project request here
- MBA Service Learning projects are performed by students as a volunteer learning experience – specifically focused on supporting area non-profit organizations. An organizational leader must engage with the MBA team throughout the project.Scope of projects should be narrow enough to be completed in 6-8 weeks by students
- The scope of projects should be narrow enough to be completed in 6-8 weeks by students
- There is no fee to participate in a service learning project; however, a limited number of projects are selected each spring
CyBIZ Lab Process
Project Agreement/Scope Development & NDA
CyBIZ Lab team reviews request and proposes a project outline, timeline, and fee. Once accepted by both parties, CyBIZ Lab will administer the project agreement and non-disclosure form electronically.
CyBIZ Lab Team and Client meet face to face for a “kick-off” meeting to review the project scope and develop a project plan.
Team / Communication
CyBIZ Lab Team Lead and Client maintain contact over the course of the project via phone calls, emails, and periodic meetings to keep Client updated on project progress.
CyBIZ Lab Team delivers a final project presentation and report with their findings.
Upon completion, the company or organization completes the project evaluation and fee payment.
Please submit information about your business and project idea by completing the online form. Submitting a project request does not guarantee the project will be accepted and completed. It also does not commit you to a project but allows us to explore the possibilities for a successful project. We will try to be as accommodating as possible given the resources and timeline available.