- Write your email within 48 hours of the interview; five business days is a maximum
- Send a thank you e-mail to each person you had significant contact with during the interview(s)
- Keep it short (approximately 6-8 sentences)
- Reiterate your interest in the position and highlight your most relevant skills as discussed in your interview
- Display effective communication skills and good business etiquette
- Gives you a slight edge over your competition since other applicants may not write one
E-mail thank you versus mail thank you:
- E-mail reaches recruiters quickly!
- Several recruiters may not be in their office every day to receive mail, however, they may check their e-mail frequently
- E-mail documents are easy to paste into applicant tracking systems utilized by recruiters
Thank You E-mail Template:
Subject: Interview for [Job Title]
Dear Mr. or Ms. ___________:
First Paragraph: Thank the interviewer for the interview. State the job for which you interviewed, the date of the interview and the place where it was conducted. Reaffirm your interest in the position and the company.
Second Paragraph: Reiterate your strengths and why you would be ideal for the position. Also you can mention something you may have forgotten to say during the interview. Indicate any attachments that were requested by the interviewer.
Third Paragraph: Thank the interviewer for his or her time and consideration. Indicate your interest in further communication or providing additional information.
Phone number with area code