Please join us for the second “Building our Community” event. Our goal is to strengthen our Ivy College of Business community of students, faculty, and staff. This is an opportunity for us to learn from each other. Together, we can identify ways for us to meet our college goal of continuous improvement in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
February 1, 2018
3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Bergstrom Commons, Gerdin Business Building
Upon arrival, you will be invited to join a table for a confidential conversation. Each facilitator will have a common set of questions and themes for discussion, including:
- Feeling welcome (inclusiveness) —what helps you feel welcome?
- Empowerment (equity) — think of a time when you felt people listened to you. How was your voice heard?
- Sensitivity/Empathy (respect) — think of a time when you felt most respected by others at the college. What helped?
This forum gives you a chance to talk with others about your experience at the college. We hope the conversations lead to action steps that can be shared with the college Diversity Committee and the dean. Once the ideas are collected and reviewed by the Diversity Committee, a summary of the feedback will be shared on the college website, and at a follow-up event later this semester.
Your participation is important and appreciated.
All feedback is confidential!
2017 Building Community Recap
On Feb. 1st we hosted our first CoB Building Community event. More than 80 students, faculty, and staff donated their time to provide feedback on how to improve our Community. These “word clouds” visually represent ideas and concepts that were most talked about. Our Diversity Committee will use these to identify steps to improve our community and meet our goal of continuous improvement in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
If you were unable to attend and would like to provide us with some (anonymous) feedback, click here to access survey.
If you attended the event and would like to share your impressions or suggestions to improve our next event, please communicate directly to our Diversity Committee Chair Prof. Valentina Salotti (email@example.com).
- Think of a time when you felt people listened to you. What helped you make your voice heard?
- What can the College of Business do to increase the diversity of ideas, cultures, and experiences of students, faculty, and staff?
- How can I make others feel empowered?
- What helps me feel welcome as a student, faculty, and staff?
- What can the College of Business do to help faculty, students, and staff feel more welcome in student organizations, in the classroom, in the administrative offices?
- What can I do to make others feel more welcome?
- Think of a time when you fell most respected by others at the College. What helped?
- What can the College of Business do to promote more of these moments?
- What can I do to promote more of these moments?