At the Iowa State University College of Business, we are excited to host the Spring 2017 Analytics Symposium.
This is the must-attend event for professionals in the field of analytics who work in finance, insurance, retail, cybersecurity, and transportation.
If you attended last year, you will be pleased to see we are taking this symposium to a new level this year.
Just to share a few highlights, here are a few of our scheduled speakers:
- John Sall, co-founder of SAS, leads SAS’ JMP business division, which creates interactive and highly visual statistical discovery software designed for scientists and engineers.
- Mark Lehew, global vice president for sports and entertainment at SAP, leads the Sports and Entertainment Industry Business Solutions organization globally for SAP. (Fun fact: SAP supports fantasy football software for the NFL).
- Mark Ledden, who left his academic career as a professor of English literature, is a founding partner with Kenning Associates LLP. He has helped senior leaders at Fortune 500 companies build strategic, operational, and interpersonal capabilities at the individual and organizational levels.
That’s just a sample of who will lead our sessions. Please read the full list of speakers here on this website and be sure to register soon. We are confident this symposium will sell out again this year!
We look forward to an engaging day with you on April 4, 2017.
Raisbeck Endowed Dean
David P. Spalding
April 4, 2017
|8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.||Registration|
|8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.||Welcome from Dean Spalding and Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds (tentative)|
|9:00 a.m. – 9:50 a.m.||Keynote: From Big Data to Big Statistics
John Sall, SAS
|9:50 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.||Break|
|10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.||
Session 1 (four concurrent sessions)
1A: Identifying Outliers
1B: A Glimpse of Cyber Security
1C: Direct Marketing Analytics
1D: Analytics Case Studies
|10:50 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||Break|
|11:00 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.||
Session 2 (four concurrent sessions)
2A: Fraud Analytics
2B: Weather Analytics
2C: Text and Social Media Analytics
2D: Data Lakes
|11:50 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Break|
|12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:15 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.||Keynote: Leveraging Analytics in Sports to Gain a Competitive Advantage
Mark Lehew, SAP
|12:50 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||Keynote: The Way to Preferment: Leadership Essentials in the age of Big Data
Mark Ledden, Kenning Associates LLP
|1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.||Poster sessions by Iowa State University students|
- For questions related to registration, please contact Registration Services at email@example.com or 515-294-6222.
- For questions related to the analytics symposium, please contact Amanda Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-294-6882.
Meet the 2017 Business Analytics Symposium Advisory Committee.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Interested in being a sponsor? Contact Kraig Paulsen to learn about our different opportunities.