The staff in the Business Undergraduate Programs Office provide assistance in many areas of academic student services:
- Academic advising and graduation planning
- Teaching orientation course for all new business majors (BusAd 102 or 103)
- Resources for academic assistance and scholarships
- College of Business Honors program
- Study abroad experiences
- Recruitment of new students to College of Business
- Advising student groups including Business Ambassadors, Business Council, Business Learning Teams, Gerdin Citizenship Program, Global Business Club, Multicultural Business Network, etc.
Visit: 1200 Gerdin
Call: (515) 294-8300
Online: College of Business students may schedule appointments using CyAdvise
Make an appointment
- Login using your CyMail login criteria (firstname.lastname@example.org and your CyMail password).
- Go to the “Appointment” tab.
- Request New Appointment.
- Select the type of appointment.
- Choose your ASSIGNED adviser (can be found on the “Student Info” tab in Access Plus) *DO NOT CHOOSE JUST ANY ADVISER*
- Choose the appointment time and date that works for you (on the right).
- Add a note if you choose.
- Click the “Submit Request” button.
- You will receive an email confirmation and a same-day email reminder of your appointment. You can choose to get these via text message by changing your Privacy Settings.
Cancel an appointment
- Login to CyAdvise using your CyMail criteria. (see above)
- Go to the “Appointments” tab.
- Find the appointment you want to cancel on the right.
- Click the “Cancel” button on the right.
- If you choose, include your reason for canceling your appointment.
- Select “Cancel Appointment” button.
Appointments are typically scheduled for 20 minutes and can cover topics such as registration, academic standing, and curriculum.
If you have a quick question, you may meet with an academic adviser on a walk-in basis. Walk-in meetings are limited to 5-10 minutes. If you would like more time with an adviser, please schedule an individual appointment. For more information on walk-in advising availability, please stop by 1200 Gerdin or call 515-294-8300.
If you are currently a non-business student looking to change your major (or declare an additional major) within the College of Business, you will need to attend a Curriculum Change meeting with one of our academic advisers. To register for a Curriculum Change meeting, please stop by 1200 Gerdin or call 515-294-8300.