The College of Business offers a wide variety of scholarships to its students. Visit the links below to learn more about these scholarships and submit your application. Completing an application ensures that you will be considered for all College of Business scholarships for which you are eligible.
Please note: All application deadlines are strictly enforced and we are unable to make exceptions out of fairness to other students.
Incoming Freshmen (new students entering fall 2017)
- Incoming Freshmen Scholarship Application – Apply October 1, 2016 through 11:59 p.m. on December 1, 2016. This will qualify you for scholarships that are awarded for the school year starting fall 2017 through summer 2018.
Current ISU Students and Incoming Transfer Students (transfer students entering fall 2017)
- Incoming Transfer Students and Current ISU Students Scholarship Application – Apply December 1, 2016 through 11:59 p.m. on February 1, 2017. This will qualify you for scholarships that are awarded for the school year starting fall 2017 through summer 2018. This does not include study abroad scholarships. Applicants must have a major within the College of Business, minors are not eligible.
- Graduate students in the College of Business are automatically considered for scholarships that they are qualified for with their admission into a College of Business Graduate Program. There is no application process for scholarships at this level. Please note that not all graduate programs have scholarships available. If you have questions regarding this, please contact email@example.com.
- CoB Undergraduate Study Abroad Scholarship
- The application period for 2017 spring programs is October 15th
- The application period for 2017 summer programs is March 15th
- The application period for 2017 fall/year-long programs is April 15th
- For more information, contact Taylor Shire, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Undergraduate Programs Office located in 1200 Gerdin.
- Other Study Abroad Scholarships
The College of Business also receives notice of many grants and scholarships that are offered outside the college, through nonprofit organizations, professional societies, and other groups. For additional business scholarships (outside of the college), refer to the bulletin boards in Gerdin or the bi-weekly Undergraduate Student Newsletter. Also, check out the Financial Aid office web site.
Changes to the FAFSA –
Beginning with the 2017-18 cycle, the FAFSA will collect income information from the tax year one year earlier than what has been used in the past. So for the 2017-18 FAFSA, students and families will provide tax information from the 2015 tax year rather than the 2016 tax year. The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling students to complete and submit their FAFSAs as early as October 1 every year.
The 2017-18 FAFSA application will be available beginning October 1st, 2016 at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Complete your FAFSA by December 1st, 2016 in order to be considered for priority aid. For more information regarding the 2017-18 FAFSA, visit the Iowa State Early FAFSA web page.
For more information
If you have questions, contact Tara Fisher, 1200 Gerdin Business Building, email@example.com, 515-294-8300.