Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program is available starting Tuesday, February 19, 2013 through Thursday, April 11, 2013. It is sponsored by Beta Alpha Psi.
This service is provided by trained ISU accounting students through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA). Taxpayers with household incomes of less than $51,000 are eligible. Please note that due to the complex nature of some Income Tax Returns, VITA Volunteers may not be able to provide assistance to all people.
February 19 through April 11, 2013
Assistance will not be available March 18-22 while Iowa State is closed for spring break.
Tuesdays: 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 6-8 p.m.
Thursdays: 6-8 p.m.
Request an Appointment
To make an appointment, please see the schedule here: ISU VITA Appointment Calendar
Online appointment scheduling will be open February 1. Appointments begin February 19. A limited number of walk-in appointments are also available.
Remember to bring:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and the dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider's tax identifying number (individual's Social Security Number or the business' Employer Identification Number)
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
- You must also know whether you are being claimed as a dependent on another person’s tax return.
Contact Bill Dilla, email@example.com or (515) 294-1685.