Trip to China
SCM 428 • Spring Break 2014
The purpose of this study tour is to provide a field experience for undergraduate students who are interested in understanding global supply chains, including domestic and international port operations, global sourcing, quality control, domestic and overseas logistics operations, and international relationship management.
It is also intended to provide students with a deeper and first hand understanding and experience of the economic structure and environment as well as cultural characteristics of international markets. This program is not only a study tour. The live case component encourages students to identify opportunities to improve operations and provide specific recommendations to the sponsoring firm.
Details about the Trip
- See Target’s supply chain from a factory in China to the Ames store.
- Includes time in Long Beach, CA; Shenzhen, China; and Beijing, China.
- Travel to China will be during spring break
- 3 Credits
- Cost per student = Approximately $3,200
- Contact Dr. Scott Grawe or Dr. Frank Montabon for additional information.
- Open to all College of Business students with a declared majors. Other majors will need instructor permission
Watch the #IowaStateSCM hashtag on Twitter for updates and photos from the course.
View the 2014 Spring China Study tour brochure for more details.