The 9th Annual Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference (MWAIS 2014), May 15-16, 2014
The 9th annual MWAIS conference, hosted by Iowa State University, will accept papers on state-of-the-art and current topics on pedagogy, research, and service in IT/IS. The conference will provide an intimate environment to facilitate sharing of ideas and findings.
MWAIS 2014 will have several presentation sessions, workshops, invited keynote speakers, panel sessions, doctoral & undergraduate student sessions. There will be speakers from academia and industry represented in the Midwest region.
Manuscripts, research in progress, panel, and workshop proposals are invited from all regions, from both academia and practice. Submitted papers and proposals will undergo a double blind review.
Best Paper Awards:
The MWAIS program committee will nominate three papers for best paper awards. The three best papers will be recognized at the conference.
– Submission Deadline for Panels, Workshops, and Tutorial Proposals: Monday, March 10, 2014 (11:59 PM CST) (Deadline extended from March 3, 2014) – Submission Deadline for Full-Length Papers, and Research-in-Progress: Monday, March 10, 2014 (11:59 PM CST) (Deadline extended from March 3, 2014) – Notification of Acceptance/Rejection around: Monday, March 31, 2014 (11:59 PM CST) – Author Registration Deadline around: Monday, April 14, 2014 (11:59 PM CST) – Camera-Ready Copy Deadline: Friday, April 18, 2014 (11:59 PM CST)
– Dates of Meeting: May 15-16, 2014
Note: The submission deadline has now passed.
A paper template for MWAIS 2014 submissions can be downloaded here. Please do not include any author or affiliation identification on any page of the paper, in headings/footers, or in the properties of the submitted file. Author and affiliation information should be added in the camera ready version of the paper only. Previously published work or work under review elsewhere is not eligible for submission.
All submissions should be submitted electronically in MS Word Document format via EasyChair.
Types of Submissions:
(i) Full Length Submissions
You may submit a full length paper that is not to exceed six single-spaced pages (approximately up to 2,500 words) including all figures, tables, appendices, and references. The paper should be original and previously unpublished. The research may be conceptual, empirical or applied.
(ii) Research-in-Progress Submissions
You may submit research-in-progress proposals (extended abstracts), preferably including a summary of tentative results of the study to date, in 1,000-1,500 words with a maximum of 2 figures/tables for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
(iii) Panels, Workshops, and Tutorials
Individuals interested in conducting a panel, workshop, or tutorial dealing with technological, managerial, professional, teaching, societal, national or international issues of information technology management are invited to submit a 500-1,000 word proposal covering the objectives, issues to be covered, and the names/addresses of any and all other members of the panel, workshop, or tutorial. Computer laboratories are also available during the workshop if needed for tutorials or other types of presentations.
All accepted proposals will appear in the conference proceedings. (Note: All panel, workshop, and tutorial members must register and pay for the conference.)
We are interested in a variety of topics that include, but are not limited to:
– Accounting Information Systems
– Big Data Analytics
– Business Intelligence
– Business Process Management
– Database Management Technologies
– e-Collaboration in Organizations
– Economics of IS/IT
– Human Computer Interaction
– Information Security Management
– Information Technology Education
– IT Management in Healthcare
– IT Teaching Cases
– Strategic IT Management