For the second year in a row, the Spring Analytics Symposium, hosted by the College of Business, was sold out!
More than 450 people attended the symposium April 4, which brought together professionals in the analytics field who learned from 22 experts in the industry. Attendees came from 12 states, representing 76 companies.
Speakers from all over the country discussed topics such as cyber security, fraud, weather, and social media.
Special guest Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds opened the day and stressed the importance of education in the analytics field in order to prepare students for the workforce. Reynolds gave examples of how the state currently uses analytics to streamline processes and make advancements in areas such as transportation and cyber security.
“This was an impressive event, with amazing speakers, and engaged participants,” said Raisbeck Endowed Dean David Spalding. “We host this annual event because we understand the importance of analytics to every business. For those who did not attend, or did not register early enough, I encourage them to mark their calendars for next April. This is the must- attend event for professionals in the field of analytics who work in finance, insurance, retail, cybersecurity, and transportation. We look forward to hosting another exciting event next spring.”
At this year’s symposium, attendees heard from three keynote speakers:
- John Sall, co-founder and executive vice president of SAS’ JMP division, which creates interactive and highly visual statistical discovery software designed for scientists and engineers
- Mark Lehew, global vice president of SAP’s Sports & Entertainment Industry Solutions division, which advises and analyzes sports and entertainment partners globally to drive competitive advantage
- Mark Ledden, founding partner of Kenning Associates LLP, which has helped senior leaders at Fortune 500 companies build strategic, operational, and interpersonal capabilities at the individual and organizational level
Other speakers included:
- Jonathan Ahnen, Wells Fargo
- Tammy Armstrong, Wellmark
- Any Beatty, DuPont Pioneer
- Jim Davis, Iowa State University College of Business
- Lori De Nooy, Pella Corporation
- Mark Jones, PwC
- Anurag Joshi, Athene
- Amy Gromowski, CoreLogic
- Thien La, Wellmark
- John Muehe, Workiva Inc.
- Eric Nelson, Flynn Wright
- Mainak Patel, SAP
- Kip Peters, Gartner
- Kim Roberts, JLT Re
- Casey Showalter, Meredith Corporation
- Matt Storlie, Wipfli LLP
- Weiwen Xie, Quetica
Mark your calendar! The 2018 Spring Analytics Symposium is scheduled for April 3, 2018 at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown, 700 Grand Ave.
- For questions related to the analytics symposium, please contact Amanda Scott at email@example.com or 515-294-6882.
Thank you to our Sponsors
|Interested in being a sponsor? Contact Kraig Paulsen to learn about our different opportunities.|